Tamy M. Faierman MD PA, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is seeking position for an Front Desk/Receptionist
At Tamy M. Faierman MD PA, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, our goal is to be the first Plastic Surgery practice to provide individualized care in a collaborative, holistic, and nurturing environment here in South Florida. Dr. Faierman, the only female plastic surgeon in Weston, Florida, is a cosmetic surgeon that helps women experience better health and appearance by applying a whole health approach to modern day cosmetic surgery.
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator
Responsible for checking out all patients and collection of payment. Explains all charges to patients including any fees they will be responsible for.
This is a part time position - 32 hours per week.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
Excellent customer service and communication skills, demonstrates concern for patient’s problems, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, good problem-solving skills, able to work as a team member, well-organized with attention to detail., treats patients and co-workers with respect, demonstrates neat and orderly work habits, has positive attitude, maintain appropriate appearance to facilitate the above.
Bilingual English / Spanish a must.
- Responsible for patient check-in, greeting each patient in a pleasant and professional manner. .
- Prepares new charts and organizes existing charts.
- Prepares encounters for the next day.
- Pulls charts for existing patients.
- Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been received and completed, and signatures obtained.
- Photocopies patient driver’s license and other form of id.
- If existing patient verifies all information for completeness and accuracy.
- Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer.
- Puts charts up and notifies doctor.
- Marks arrival time of patients in office and makes sure that patients are seen on time.
- Processes patients at conclusion of visit. Reviews fee sheets for correct charges; enters information into computer.
- Ensures patients understand their condition and treatment; provides any special instructions to patients upon leaving.
- Ensures patient understands the doctor’s instructions.
- Checks that patients have been given appropriate prescriptions and instructions.
- Schedules return appointments for follow-up.
- Explains all fees and patient financial responsibility.
- Secures all necessary patient signatures; obtains proper informed consent.
- Collects fee for services.
- Ensures patient satisfaction.
- Places telephone calls to new patients to confirm upcoming appointments and verifies information required of the patient at the time of appointment.
- Serves as primary individual responsible for answering the phone. Greets the person in a friendly and warm manner, listens carefully and directs call appropriately.
- Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
- Sends outs emails confirming consultation appointments.
- Verifies next day’s appointments for aesthetician and follow up appointments.
- Compiles new patient information packages.
- Ensures all forms are available and are made from originals.
- Regularly checks reception room and restrooms for neatness and for supplies.
- Reassures those patients subject to excessive waits and informs staff of status as needed.
- Assists Practice Administrator /Patient Coordinator as needed.
- Distributes correspondence.
- Files charts and paperwork as needed.
- Enters appointment recall in the system for injectable patients to remind them of future visits.
- Makes appointments on an as-needed basis.
- Serves as back up individual responsible for answering the phone. Greets the person in a friendly and warm manner, listens carefully and directs call appropriately.
- Compiles the daily payment worksheet and balances daily payment.
- Assures that Front Area, Waiting Room and Restroom are organized and presentable for patients throughout the day and at the end of the day.
- Forwards telephone to service on a nightly basis.
- Performs other duties as required as assigned by Practice Administrator or Dr. Faierman.
Enthusiastic, qualified candidates please email resume and Please enter “I am interested” in the subject line. Email Your Resume