Tamy M. Faierman MD PA, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is seeking position for an Front Desk/Receptionist
At Tamy M. Faierman MD PA, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, our goal is to be the first Plastic Surgery practice to provide individualized care in a collaborative, holistic, and nurturing environment here in South Florida. Dr. Faierman, the only female plastic surgeon in Weston, Florida, is a cosmetic surgeon that helps women experience better health and appearance by applying a whole health approach to modern day cosmetic surgery.
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator
Responsible for checking out all patients and collection of payment. Explains all charges to patients including any fees they will be responsible for.
This is a part time position – 32 hours per week.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
Excellent customer service and communication skills, demonstrates concern for patient’s problems, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, good problem-solving skills, able to work as a team member, well-organized with attention to detail., treats patients and co-workers with respect, demonstrates neat and orderly work habits, has positive attitude, maintain appropriate appearance to facilitate the above.
Bilingual English / Spanish a must.
- Responsible for patient check-in, greeting each patient in a pleasant and professional manner. .
- Prepares new charts and organizes existing charts.
- Prepares encounters for the next day.
- Pulls charts for existing patients.
- Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been received and completed, and signatures obtained.
- Photocopies patient driver’s license and other form of id.
- If existing patient verifies all information for completeness and accuracy.
- Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer.
- Puts charts up and notifies doctor.
- Marks arrival time of patients in office and makes sure that patients are seen on time.
- Processes patients at conclusion of visit. Reviews fee sheets for correct charges; enters information into computer.
- Ensures patients understand their condition and treatment; provides any special instructions to patients upon leaving.
- Ensures patient understands the doctor’s instructions.
- Checks that patients have been given appropriate prescriptions and instructions.
- Schedules return appointments for follow-up.
- Explains all fees and patient financial responsibility.
- Secures all necessary patient signatures; obtains proper informed consent.
- Collects fee for services.
- Ensures patient satisfaction.
- Places telephone calls to new patients to confirm upcoming appointments and verifies information required of the patient at the time of appointment.
- Serves as primary individual responsible for answering the phone. Greets the person in a friendly and warm manner, listens carefully and directs call appropriately.
- Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
- Sends outs emails confirming consultation appointments.
- Verifies next day’s appointments for aesthetician and follow up appointments.
- Compiles new patient information packages.
- Ensures all forms are available and are made from originals.
- Regularly checks reception room and restrooms for neatness and for supplies.
- Reassures those patients subject to excessive waits and informs staff of status as needed.
- Assists Practice Administrator /Patient Coordinator as needed.
- Distributes correspondence.
- Files charts and paperwork as needed.
- Enters appointment recall in the system for injectable patients to remind them of future visits.
- Makes appointments on an as-needed basis.
- Serves as back up individual responsible for answering the phone. Greets the person in a friendly and warm manner, listens carefully and directs call appropriately.
- Compiles the daily payment worksheet and balances daily payment.
- Assures that Front Area, Waiting Room and Restroom are organized and presentable for patients throughout the day and at the end of the day.
- Forwards telephone to service on a nightly basis.
- Performs other duties as required as assigned by Practice Administrator or Dr. Faierman.
Enthusiastic, qualified candidates please email resume and Please enter “I am interested” in the subject line. [button text=”Email Your Resume ” link=”mailto:[email protected]” style=”default” size=”normal” target=”_self” display=”inline” icon=”no”]