One of the Premier Female Plastic Surgeons in Weston
After her undergraduate education at Adelphi University in New York and the State University of New York at Albany, where she obtained a Bachelor of Science magna cum laude, Dr. Faierman continued to earn her medical degree from The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, NY. She completed a residency in General Surgery, a fellowship in Microsurgery and a residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the prestigious Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.
Despite a busy professional life, Dr. Faierman has participated in volunteer work with her five children's schools. She is also fluent in Spanish, French and Hebrew.
Dr. Faierman is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. She is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, Broward County Medical Association, The Florida Medical Association, and The Florida Society of Plastic Surgery.
"Effects of Pulsed Magnetic Energy on a Microsurgically Transferred Vessel.” Roland, MD, Ferder, MS, Kothuru, MD, Faierman, MD, Strauch, MD. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 105: 1371, 2000.
"Accelerated Nerve Regeneration Using Cultured Schwann Cells in a Rabbit Autogenous Venous Nerve Conduit Model.” Faierman, MD, Ferder, MS, Weinstein, MD, Strauch, MD. (Manuscript in progress.)
"Accelerated Nerve Regeneration Using Cultured Schwann Cells in a Rabbit Autogenous Venous Nerve Conduit Model.”
- Bronx Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (May 2000)
- New York Regional Hand Society (May 2000)
- Senior Resident's Conference (April 2000)
- New York Academy of Medicine (March 2000)
- Plastic Surgery Research Council (May 1999)
"Grand Rounds: Infections of the Hand”
- C.V. Starr Hand Surgery Center, Roosevelt Medical Center, New York, NY (February 1999)
Honors & Awards
- Leo M. Davidoff Society Award: Outstanding Achievement in the Teaching of Medical Students (June 2000)
- Winner, Resident Essay Competition: Bronx Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (May 2000)
- Nomination: 2000 Outstanding Women Surgeons Award (May 2000)
- Second Place Award: New York Regional Hand Society (May 2000)
- Second Place Award: New York Academy of Medicine (May 2000)
- Nomination: Outstanding Resident Award, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center (May 1999)
- Honorary Academic Achievement Award: Best Student in Medical School Class of 1989-1991 (1989-1991)